The Canoe Foundation has announced that the next closing date for applications is the 31st January 2024.
The Canoe Foundation provides grants of between £500 to £10,000 to promote new or improved access points for canoe trails on to moving water, estuaries, canals and reservoirs.
The projects supported include:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the water’s edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (Countryside Code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home etc).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage water users in helping protect/enhance the waterway environment
- Projects that can benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit all paddlers, rather than private member facilities.
To find out more click here: https://www.canoefoundation.org.uk/apply/