I have a successful track record of proven achievement and managerial experience in the related field of sport, play and physical activity.
I have experience of working effectively with partners, stakeholders, voluntary organisations and individual practitioners as well as a wealth of experience of marketing and promoting sport, play and physical activity to a wide audience.
My skills and knowledge include;
• A knowledge of attracting external funding sources for sport, play and physical activity
• An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the sport, play and physical activity sector, national practices, structures and issues
• Ability to contribute to the strategic development of the sport, play and physical activity sector
• The ability to generate ideas and practical approaches to improving and developing services
• Developing effective partnerships, networks and alliances
• Managerial skills and the ability to motivate staff and build an effective team
• Ability to monitor and review budgetary and service targets
• Ability to reconcile client needs and cost effective services
To view testimonials of people who I have worked with whether as a colleague, manager or partner please see some comments below;
“Richard is an inspiring leader; committed to the development of his team both within the organisation and personally. A strong manager, he is not afraid to deal with issues. He always acknowledges a job well done, supports and challenges weakness where identified.
His entrepreneurial skills have secured not only much needed community activities but also external funding to support the projects. He is a competent fund-raiser, able to manage a spectrum of different activity and projects easily. His strategic planning and business and organisational development always ensures a forward thinking, bigger picture approach. He is a knowledgeable manager that keeps his finger on the pulse regarding new and developing trends and ideas.
An effective communicator, Richard has an eye for detail, the commitment to do well and the passion to succeed.”
Regional Programme and Development Manager, Play England
“Richard has a wealth of experience working in the field of sport, play and physical activity. He has an extremely good knowledge of funding streams and has been very successful in drawing down large amounts of funding from various sources to develop a whole host of projects.”
Major Sports Events and Programme 2012 Manager, Sheffield City Council
“Richard is hard working local government officer who I have worked with for over six years on number of physical activity and sport related projects all of which have been successful and resulted in positive outcomes for local people.
Richard truly understands the third sector and partnership working. In all my dealings with Richard I have found him responsive, understands the challenges we face and will identify and or develop appropriate solutions with you to meet and respond to service user needs. Richard is a pleasure to work with and an asset to the service and the local authority.” May 17, 2011
Chief Executive Foxhill Forum and Wolfe Road Healthy Living Centre