Veolia Environmental Trust Community Grants can be used for a project to improve an outside space or community building available for everyone and anyone to use on a daily basis.
Who can apply?
- An application from a constituted not-for-profit organisation (who’s governing documents state members or directors receive no financial benefit)
- An application from a local authority
- An organisation that accepts any grant awarded will incur an additional CTP cost
What can be funded?
- A project which will take place on a single site
- Physical improvement works to a building or outdoor space which has public access: e.g. community centre, public park, play area, skate park, MUGA, sports ground, woodland, nature reserve, community garden, public right of way, inland waterway
- A project with all permissions (e.g. planning) in place
- A project where the applicant is the landowner or has a formal agreement (e.g. a lease) with the landowner, with at least six years of the term remaining
- A project on council-owned land, where the council will provide written consent for the project to take place
- Construction and/or improvement of buildings, or outdoor spaces
- Fixed items (e.g. kitchen cupboards and worksurfaces, boilers and radiators, windows and doors, toilets, fencing)
There are four funding rounds each year, see the next closing date on our website. Only one application per project site will be considered in a 12 month period.
First round opens: 4th Feb 2021 & Closes: 15th April 2021.
Second round opens: 13th may 2021 & Closes: 15th July 2021 (tbc).
To be eligible your project site must be located in an area the Veolia Environmental Trust Community Grants will fund. Therefore, before applying for a grant, you need to check your project site is located in an area the fund. To do so click here: https://www.veoliatrust.org/funding/index.php?page=Postcode_Checker_1
To find our more about this fund click here: https://www.veoliatrust.org/funding/