Community groups can apply to this annual fund for grants of up to £5,000 to deliver local cycling projects in their community.
The purpose of the Cycle Friendly and Sustainable Communities Fund (CFSCF) is to support community groups to encourage cycling in their community and increase the number of locals making journeys by bike.
This Transport Scotland funded grant scheme enables community groups to support and deliver sustainable projects. Reducing single occupancy car use and increasing active travel options will also result in reduced local transport related carbon emissions and increased health and wellbeing of the community.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Encourage more journeys by bike in the community.
- Increase opportunities for people to cycle in the community.
- Meet the needs of the community.
The funding can be used for a number of different things including but not limited to:
- Purchase of bikes.
- Purchase of cycle training.
- Storage for bikes.
- Safety equipment.
- Bike tools.
- Development of cycle maps.
- Bike events that will contribute to behaviour change and increased bike use.
The deadline for applications is 3 May 2016 (noon).