Watch out for new schemes around support for social businesses. The Big Lottery Fund has set up an agency called Power to Change which aims to:
- Provide funding and support which enables the successful development of many more community businesses.
- Help to transform places and communities in partnership with local people.
- Gather evidence, promote learning and raise awareness of the social and economic improvements which are generated by community businesses.
- Encourage others in the public, private and voluntary sectors and in the wider public to support community businesses.
- Explore new models and understand the best environments for community businesses to scale and expand in order to increase their overall impact.
No schemes open yet; the website is here:
This article was provided via SYFAB; http://www.syfab.org.uk/blog.aspx