This scheme aims to fund football leagues outside the National League System so they can purchase equipment that assists in the administration of that league. To qualify for grant aid, the league must fulfil the following criteria:
- Must be located in England
- Must be FA or County FA affiliated
- Must be outside the National League System
- Must be below Step 5 in the Women’s Pyramid of Football
- Must be 11-a-side/youth/mini-soccer/small-sided (non-commercial) league
- Must be non-profit-making Applications will only be accepted in Season 2010/11 from leagues that did not receive grant aid in either 2008/09 or Season 2009/10 from this scheme.
A grant can be applied for based on the size of the league. The size of the league is dependent on the number of registered teams and will be based on £10 per team. A minimum grant of £250 and a maximum grant of £1,000 will apply. For leagues with 150 teams or more it will be possible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of £1,200. If a league is not registered for VAT, then these costs can be included in the total cost and grant-aided. Below are four examples to illustrate the level of grant aid available dependent on the size of the league:
- League A: administers 15 teams and will be eligible to apply for the minimum grant of £250.
- League B: administers 65 teams and will be eligible to apply for a grant of £650.
- League C: administers 110 teams and will be eligible to apply for the maximum grant of £1,000.
- League D: administers 150 teams and will be eligible to apply for the maximum grant of £1,200.