University Tennis Development Awards of up to £1,000 will be available from May 2012 to support University Tennis Clubs to grow the game and help more students and staff play tennis. Development Awards are available on an annual basis.
- Find out more about the range of resources available to support universities.
Information on the next opportunity to apply will appear on the LTA website in May 2012, for the 2012/2013 academic year.
The following areas will be considered within Development Award applications:
- Free taster sessions / open days.
- Subsidised beginner coaching courses for students / staff.
- Delivering modified tennis sessions such as Mini Tennis or Cardio Tennis.
- Intra Mural Competition / Charity Competitions.
- Facility Hire – where the university does not have its own tennis facilities.
- Scholarships – Coaching Assistant (UKCC) Levels 1 and 2 (maximum of 50%).
- Tennis Teacher Training Courses for trainee teachers (Primary & Secondary).
- Competition Organisers Workshops.
- In addition, we are able to support universities who indicate that they would like to deliver Mini Tennis as part of their programme, with a free Mini Tennis Equipment Pack, with a retail value of £500
For more information click here; http://www.lta.org.uk/clubs-schools/Schools-tennis/Higher-education/Resources–Development-Awards/Development-Awards/